The Melbourne AA Steps Weekend is on again in May 2016.
Held over 2 and half days, a range of speakers have been invited to share their experience of the spiritual journey through the 12 Steps.
10 Buckingham Drive, Heidelberg
There's plenty of parking at the venue off Buckingham St.
If you are coming by train, go to the Heidelberg Station. We can pick you up when the train arrives at Heidelberg Station at 6:45pm on Friday or 9:12am on Saturday & Sunday.
$20 registration includes tea and coffee all weekend as well as lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
Tickets are available for purchase from Working With Others AA Group members. Or you can purhase tickets online here.
We kick off Step One with a presentation and three speakers followed by a Q&A session.
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable.
Speakers and Q&A about Step Two
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
Speakers and Q&A about Step Three
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
A visual presentation, speakers and Q&A about Step Four
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
Speakers and Q&A about Steps Five, Six & Seven
- Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
-Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
Speakers and Q&A about Steps Eight & Nine
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
Speakers and Q&A about Step Ten
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
Speakers and Q&A about Step Eleven
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
Speakers and Q&A about Step Twelve
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.